Henry Weaks is often asked, “What distinguishes a Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) practitioner from a general business broker?” The answer is the accumulated level of education, training and experience of the individual.
Henry Weaks’ Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) practice is rooted in his personal understanding of and experience in the complex process of selling a company. As the former owner of a multi-million dollar business, Henry successfully sold his company for maximum after-tax dollars to a multi-national corporation.
As an M&A specialist, Henry represents clients whose companies possess at least one of the following characteristics:
- Gross Revenues in millions of dollars
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation & amortization (EBITDA) in excess of $1,000,000.
- Historical track record of significant revenues and earnings which can stand-up to the rigors of financial “due-diligence.”
Henry’s M&A training and experience will successfully guide you through the more complex issues of these larger transactions, including:
- The application of appropriate capitalization rates (multiples of earnings) to determine Fair Market Value of an on-going business
- The benefit/harm of the “allocation” of the Purchase Price between the various assets of the business
- The risks/benefits, including taxation issues, of “asset” structured sales as opposed to “stock” sales
- The consequences of the representations and warranties made by the parties that survive the transaction
Finally, Henry Weaks understands the “ebb and flow” during the “art of the deal”. He can guide both a buyer or seller through the tangle of documentation, negotiations and due diligence and that usually accompany the sale or acquisition of a substantial business.
Henry Weaks Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) practice offers professional expertise and unparalleled customer service to both buyers and sellers of privately held companies.
Henry knows that every business transfer is unique with its own complexities. As an experienced M&A specialist, Henry provides to you a proven step-by-step process to successfully complete the transaction.
Henry’s methodology combined with his innovative ideas and solutions to unexpected issues that might arise, create a smooth transition of ownership and a win-win for both the seller and the buyer.